Monday, April 30, 2018

Bucking History (still day 1)


I am just 8 hours into this "project" and I am already struggling mentally. Not with the "no sugar" thing or even the "no cheese" thing (I LOVE CHEESE).

You see, I was a college athlete, and I know how to work out and lose weight. Come January, when I'm 20 lbs overweight, I restrict what I eat and work out hard. That's how I lose weight. And it always works. And it certainly doesn't include steak, bacon and eggs!

Except, it didn't work this year -- in part because I never quite working out and never quite put on the whole 20 lbs. It was more like 10. But I'm less motivated because there was less weight to lose. Now, my decision to do Whole30 was based on my health and how I am feeling. It was not about losing weight.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I want to put on 25 lbs eating steak and potatoes and as much as it takes to get me to my next meal so that I don't have headaches. Aren't I supposed to be hungry? Aren't I supposed to be cranky and suffering? No pain, no gain, right? Well so far, I still have the headache (no I wasn't expecting miracles) but I'm not hungry and I am in a good mood. That can't be right!

Our office admin did this in January and she continues to live the Whole30 way. She looks amazing and feels great. She didn't have 10 lbs to lose and she lost 18. She looks like a supermodel. But what if it does the opposite for me?

I have to retrain my brain to accept this or I won't make it -- and it has nothing to do with the cheese withdrawal. I honestly thought that was what would do me in.


No comments:

Post a Comment