Friday, April 5, 2013

Encore! Encore! -- I love my pilates class!

So, I am always complaining there aren't enough exercises out there I can do with my bad back. But I have been doing pilates for the past 2 years, and it's very low impact on my back if I do it correctly.

I took pilates at a gym, but I hated it. I take a mat class from one of my neighbors, and I absolutely love it. The mat class is held in a private home in Holly Springs not far from Avent Ferry. If you live in the Holly Springs, NC area, I highly recommend you check it out www.encorepilates.net/ ... the instructor is Kathy, and she has had two kids and understands how a woman's body changes, especially her belly area, and what it takes to get your belly back in shape and strengthened the RIGHT WAY.

The mat classes are usually five people or less, so you can expect a little bit of one on one attention, not like those gym classes when  you are one of 20.

Pilates has helped my back so much, as it focuses so much on core strengthening. My belly is flatter, stronger and so it my back! I feel like I can do more, and her classes have helped me break the pain cycle. I cannot say enough good things about her, and she's a little shy about sharing her success stories. But she's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment