Monday, April 15, 2013

Two kids and a bikini!

So, about 3 months ago I cleaned out my swim suit drawer - sadly, but finally, removing my maternity swimming suits and some very stretched out tankinis. I'm sorry, but tankinis were the worst offender when I was young. But I totally understand now why they are not only necessary, but very handy.

And while I will not go to a public beach with a regular bikini on, I have decided not to throw out my pile of bikinis. It am just under 2 pounds away from my goal weight and I have no intentions of stopping exercise, weight lifting and the like! I look forward to tanning my flat, albeit still a little giggly tummy and perhaps wearing one of my mid 20s bikinis. Life is so much better when you don't feel like you have to cover every inch of your body - at least that's how I feel.

My goal, now, is not to continue to lose weight until I disappear. It is to keep up with my pilates (encorepilates.net) and strengthen and tone to keep my back and belly in summer shape - hopefully through the summer and for the rest of my life.

I thought my goal would be about losing weight. It turns out, it will be about how I changed my life to stay fit and eat healthy as a mom. I've never been able to do it before ... so it will be a challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment