Friday, April 5, 2013

Try this recipe - YUMMY!

Found a new, FANTASTIC shrimp recipe. I cut the olive oil by 1/2 tablespoon and it was awesome. I feel like I could cut it even further and love it just as much. Maybe 1 tbsp total because there is so much marinade to keep it moist. On a whim, my 3-year-old picked a Mediterranean Couscous and together it was outstanding (I also cut the olive oil in the couscous by 1 tbsp, and it was perfect).

It wasn't the lowest fat recipe, but I didn't feel like I was cutting fat at all! It was nothing short of wonderful and I would do it again and again, if fresh shrimp were not so expensive. I will wait for deals and make it whenever fresh shrimp is on sale!

We got the recipe from eatingwell.com, and it is called Shrimp Paulista.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (again, I cut this by 1/2 tbsp)

Preparation

  1. Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.

Nutrition

Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 4 g mono ); 224 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 456 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (66% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat

No comments:

Post a Comment